Community Chest Small Grants
What is Three Parishes Big Local Community Chest?
In our Plan, we have set aside £12,000 per year for three years from September 2016. The aim of the fund is to support projects or activities that work towards our Community Aspirations. The maximum grant value from this fund is £500. Larger grants are available from our BIG Grants Scheme – please contact us for details.
Who can apply?
The Community Chest is open to all community organisations based within the area. If you are just forming as a group and don’t yet have a bank account or constitution don’t be put off. Talk with our Co-ordinator to see how Big Local can help to develop your idea. Applications from organisations outside the area need to clearly demonstrate how the funding will help the Three Parishes Big Local area. If you are not sure if your project will qualify for funding, please talk to our Co-ordinator.
Please note that we cannot support:
- Organisations or activities that support a political party or political policies.
- Activities which promote religious beliefs (this does not mean that we would not accept applications from religious institutions)
- Debts or liabilities
- Funding in retrospective – i.e. when the activity has taken place before the funding has been awarded.
Groups with significant reserves. However, we can assist organisations or projects like these to identify other sources of funding. Please contact our Co-ordinator for more information.
How much can I apply for?
You can apply for up to £500 in any rolling twelve month period.
How do I apply?
To apply for a grant, you will need to complete one of our application forms and return it to us. To get an application form, you can:
- Download one from this section.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone the Big Local Co-ordinator on 01691 656882
- Write to us at Three Parishes Big Local, Qube, Oswald Road, Oswestry, SY11 1RB.
- Ask any of the members of the Three Parishes Big Local partnership
- Please don’t be put off by the application form and process. We can help you fill in the application form and can guide you through the process.
Completed application forms can be sent to us by:
- Email: email@example.com
- Post : Three Parishes Big Local, Qube, Oswald Road, Oswestry, SY11 1RB